Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Opportunities...Same Great God!


As the year begins, it causes me, and I’m sure many of you, to look back at the past year. It’s funny how in the midst of things I often seem to have tunnel vision, to not look beyond what’s right in front of me.  I’m definitely always trying to look further into the future than I probably should, but I could use a perspective change by seeing in a different lens every once in awhile...I would do well to take a step back and see the big picture.  I find that when I do that, as I look at the landscape of the past year, God’s grace and goodness are even more evident to me.  I see His hand in ways that I missed as I was in the midst of everyday life.  Anyone else feel like they miss what God is doing sometimes?   I would encourage you all to look back on the past year, not on the regrets, but on the opportunities God brought and the blessings that He poured out.  Take a moment to praise Him for the work He’s been doing and will continue to do.

Now, as I look forward, with His goodness in mind, I see exciting opportunities and many chances to bring praise and glory to God.  I see a great adventure unfolding, each morning, each week.  I hope you see the same things for your coming year, regardless of where you are or what you’re doing.  

One of the exciting opportunities in front of me for the year 2012 is coming up soon, February 4-9.  As a part of YouthHOPE, I have the chance to participate in an event called To the Ends of the Earth.  This event is a bike ride from our offices in Fort Myers, Florida to the tip of Key West, a total of about 300 miles.  Yes, you read that right, I’m riding a bike 300 miles...in 5 days.  Most people look at me with big eyes at this point and say, “WHY?”  

Well, we have global youth workers in Bulgaria who have an outdoor ministry that they are developing.  The Hillmans love taking the youth in Velingrad up to the mountains for bike rides and camping trips, but they don’t have enough equipment.  So, for this bike ride, we are partnering with local churches, businesses and individuals who will sponsor us to ride.  Many of our staff and a number of youth pastors from the Fort Myers area are asking for sponsors to give for the ride.  The money we raise will go to get more equipment for the Hillman’s ministry.  

I would love for you to partner with me in this exciting (and tough) adventure!  If you would like to join us in supporting the Hillman’s ministry you can visit the following link and put my name in the notes secion: Key West Bike Ride Donation.  

I pray blessings on you as you tackle the challenges and opportunities in front of you this year and I pray that God would continue to work in your hearts and minds.  Thank you all for your love and support which has been keenly felt, not only throughout the past year, but for many years!

No comments:

Post a Comment